Although riots and civil disturbances are rare, there is still a need for a planned course of action in the event a civil disturbance erupts. Should a disturbance start outside the building, the Management Office will:
- Secure all building entrances.
- Notify the police.
- Notify the tenants.
- Prevent access to all suites.
In the event that a civil disturbance initiates inside the building:
- Make sure all occupants are in your office and lock your suite doors including the main entrance. Assign a responsible individual to stand by the entrance door with a key allowing authorized personnel only to enter and leave.
- Immediately notify the Management Office and provide the following information:
- The exact location of the disturbance, demonstrators and/or rioters
- The approximate number of demonstrators or rioters
- Your name, company name and call back number